You might have caught me using the term “Lazy Leadership” in my articles So here is my non-definitive list of lazy leadership.
- Don’t have a personal growth plan
- Think they are better than they actually are
- Treat everyone the same
- Don’t care how they are perceived
- Don’t “do” feedback unless they have to!
- Don’t take the time to recognize their team performance
- Take the credit for work they didn’t do.
- Always have someone/something to blame
- Communicate with no regard to who they are communicating with
- Believe everyone should adapt to them
- Get too friendly
- Act with emotion
- Ride on the backs of others
- Go with the flow
- Wait to see what’s popular
- Are rigid in their approach
- Use position and title
- Are boring!
This list is certainly not exhaustive, but it covers a fair bit doesn’t it.
What lazy leadership have you seen? Share it with us and we will dissect it for you